Is your central air conditioning unit old and tired? Has your AC stopped keeping you cool as it should? It may be time for an air conditioning replacement. AC replacement might seem like a big investment, but the benefits of a new air conditioner make it worthwhile in the long run. Alliance Expert Services is an AC installation company that has been in business for 30 years. Let us walk you through the signs that it’s time to replace your AC and what to look for in a new unit.
Want to keep your new unit working at its best for years to come? Be sure to schedule routine AC maintenance with our experts today!
Top Signs That It’s Time to Replace Your AC
Central air conditioning units can last up to 25 years, but only if they are cared for and properly maintained. Most air conditioners start to exhibit signs of breaking down at around 10 to 15 years old. The following are common signs that it’s time for an air conditioning replacement:
- Frequent power cycles: Turning on and off more often than it should.
- Not cooling properly: Not keeping the house at the set temperature or blowing warm air.
- Age: Unit is more than 15 years old.
- Frequent repairs: Frequently breaking down and needing expensive repairs.
- Leaks or corrosion: Any leaks, buildup, or corrosion on the unit.
When you start to notice these signs in your air conditioner, it’s time to call a reputable AC installation company like Alliance Expert Services to recommend an air conditioning replacement.
What to Look for in a New AC Unit
It can be a challenge searching for an AC replacement in Oklahoma City, especially without the right know-how. When shopping for a new air conditioner, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Size: Air conditioning units come in a variety of sizes, and the size you need will depend on how large your home is, what the climate is like, whether you have a basement and/or attic, and other factors. A general rule of thumb is one ton per 400 square feet of living space.
- BTUs: BTU (British Thermal Unit) is a measurement of how much energy is required to remove heat from the air. Large spaces require more BTUs. For example, a home that is 1400 square feet should use a unit with 24000 BTUs.
- Airflow power: Air conditioners need to distribute treated air evenly throughout the home to maintain proper air pressure. This means the motor in your unit must be strong enough to force the air through the vents and into all the rooms of your house. If your ductwork is not laid out efficiently, you may need a stronger motor.
- Budget: Your budget will affect what type and size of AC replacement you’ll get. A central AC installation typically costs around $6,000 or more, while stand-alone units and ductless units can be significantly cheaper.
An experienced AC contractor will visit your home and be able to calculate what size AC unit is appropriate for your space. They will also take your budget requirements into consideration when recommending an air conditioning replacement.
Looking for alternatives for your heating and cooling needs? Be sure to ask about our geothermal systems and harness the earth to keep you comfortable.
Rely On Alliance Expert Services
The friendly staff at Alliance Expert Services will happily work with you to determine what AC replacement will work best for you and your family. Our technicians are certified and experienced in central AC installation and can help find the perfect unit for your budget and needs. We have been serving the residents of Oklahoma City, OK for 30 years, and customer satisfaction is always our top priority.