Air conditioning can make life much more comfortable, especially in Oklahoma City, where summer temperatures can soar into the nineties or even beyond 100 degrees. Unfortunately, not all homes are equipped for central air conditioning, especially homes with radiant heat that don’t have ductwork. In addition, not everyone can afford central AC. A ductless mini split AC system is a great solution: it’s quick and easy to install and is usually significantly cheaper than other AC options. Best of all, Alliance Expert Services is the go-to company for affordable, friendly ductless mini split AC system installation.
Striking with a traditional AC system? Be sure it’s in the best working order with routine air conditioner maintenance performed by our expert staff.
How Do Ductless Mini Splits Work?
The ductless mini split AC system has two main components: the air handler that mounts on an interior wall, and the condenser unit that is placed outside. These two are connected by a series of tubes which are usually covered with an unobtrusive plastic cover.
Ductless air conditioners use a vapor-compression cooling process that is based on the rapid heating and cooling of a refrigerant. A compressor pressurizes the refrigerant which is then fed through a series of metal tubes, called an evaporator coil. Interior air is forced over the coil, and heat is drawn from the air into the refrigerant. This results in the cool air you feel blowing from the air handler.
The now-warm refrigerant is then pumped to the condenser outside, where the refrigerant is brought to a boil, dispelling its heat to the atmosphere. Next, the refrigerant is passed through an expansion valve where it is allowed to expand and cool down, and the cycle repeats.
The Benefits of Ductless Mini Split Air Conditioning
These are the main benefits of a ductless mini split installation in Oklahoma City, including:
- Affordability: Ductless mini splits are cheaper than central AC units and are less invasive to install.
- Versatility: Ductless mini split heating and air systems can be used for both air conditioning and heating, simply by reversing the vapor-compression process.
- Energy efficiency: Uses less electricity than other AC options and is much more efficient.
- Easy to maintain: Quick, routine cleanings and annual tune-ups will keep the unit running smoothly for a long time.
- Zoning capability: Different parts of the house can have their own air handlers, allowing you to control how cool each room gets.
- Size: The compact design does not take up floor space or intrude on your interior aesthetic.
- No ducts needed: If your home does not have ductwork or your ductwork is not compatible with AC, the ductless mini split AC system is ideal.
Looking for other heating and cooling alternatives for your home? We also offer heat pump installations throughout the area.
The Importance of Professional Ductless Mini Split Installation
Ductless mini split system installation is not exactly easy for the average DIYer. It requires some electrical knowledge and confidence with cutting holes into walls. To ensure that your ductless mini split system is installed correctly and safely, it’s best to hire a certified HVAC technician to handle it for you.
Alliance Expert Services has been helping the residents of Oklahoma City, OK with all their HVAC needs since 1990. Our technicians are experienced with ductless mini split system installation, ductless mini split AC maintenance and repair, and all other types of AC installation and repair. We offer straightforward pricing, with no surprise charges or hidden fees. Your satisfaction is our main concern, and we will treat your home like it’s our own.