Winter is coming, and with it comes sweaters, hot chocolate, and a warm home. Your home’s central heating system plays an important role in keeping your home warm during the colder seasons of the year. The last thing any homeowner wants is a surprise heater failure. Thankfully, there are steps you can take to prevent any heating problems from coming up. Additionally, you can always call Alliance Expert Services to see how we can help keep your heating system running in tip-top shape.
Is your unit beyond repair? Be sure to ask about our heater replacement service and enjoy more consistent heating and peace of mind.
Does Your Heater Need Repair?
Keeping your heater in top working order starts with routine care. A skilled heating contractor will know when to perform service, but as a homeowner, you should be aware of these warning signs as well, including:
- Strange Smells: If you smell gas or foul smells coming from your central heating system or ductwork, call a heating repair specialist. Strange smells are a good indicator of possible leaks or poor ventilation of your heating system.
- Strange Sounds: Heating systems should generate minimal noise. If you hear any banging or hissing sounds coming from your heating unit, you’ll want to have it investigated. Debris or broken parts may have fallen into the system and repairs are likely needed.
- Temperature Variation: If you have certain spots in the home that have major temperature differences when the heat is on, your home probably needs a heater tune-up. Dirty or broken components in your heating system can result in cold spots in the home. The only way to fix it is by having a professional to come out and locate the source of the problem.
- Increased Energy Bills: If winter hits and you see a major spike in your energy bills as the heat kicks on, you’ll want to get heater maintenance scheduled. Poorly functioning heating systems can constantly cycle and still struggle to maintain a comfortable temperature, resulting in higher energy bills.
- Poor Air Quality: Dusty or musty air is a good indicator of heating system trouble. General maintenance helps prevents the build-up of dust and debris in the system, but failure to maintain can lead to dust blowing through your home, reducing the quality of the air you and your family breathe.
Perks of Heater Maintenance
Heating systems can be expensive to replace. A yearly inspection by a heater specialist can help you avoid costly repairs or replacement with regular maintenance, which preserves your system and offers a host of other benefits:
- Saves Money: Regular heater tune-ups and quality repairs increase the longevity of your unit. Installing a new heating system is more expensive than a decade of solid upkeep. A cleaned and maintained heating system will also function better, reducing your energy bills as well.
- Maintains Comfort: Regular maintenance of your heating system will ensure equal and adequate heating throughout the home. Faulty ductwork and heating units do not evenly disperse heat. Having regular tune-ups and making repairs early will keep your home comfortable on cold days.
- Improves Air Quality: Maintaining your heating system, from ductwork and vents to the heating unit itself, provides cleaner air for you and your loved ones to breathe. General maintenance includes a good cleaning of the system, keeping allergens and irritants from circulating through your ductwork and air.
Another important part of maintenance is routine filter replacement. If you forget, we make it easy with convenient maintenance plans.
Alliance Expert Services Can Handle Your Heater Needs!
Since 1990, Alliance Expert Services has been providing the Oklahoma City area with excellent HVAC service. We prioritize our clients and provide only the best technology and solutions for your home’s heating needs. Let our friendly expert technicians take care of all your home’s heating and HVAC needs.