The winters in Oklahoma are usually frigid, with temperatures often dipping below freezing. It’s no wonder, then, that homeowners look for the most energy-efficient way to heat their homes, given that their heating system will be running regularly for months on end. Consider installing a heat pump. These HVAC systems are highly efficient, and have many other benefits, as discussed below. With 30 years of experience, Alliance Expert Services is your go-to provider for heat pump services.
Want to be sure your home is winter ready? Schedule a heating tune-up and enjoy warm nights and peace of mind.
How Heat Pumps Work?
It may sound odd, but heat pumps work in the same way as air conditioners, only in reverse. Heat pumps use a vapor-compression refrigeration cycle. It starts when pressurized liquid refrigerant passes through an expansion valve, which allows the refrigerant to expand. From there, the refrigerant moves to an external evaporator, where heat is absorbed until the refrigerant boils into a vapor. The compressor moves the hot refrigerant to the condenser, where the vapor sheds its heat and condenses back into a liquid. This is the part of the process where you feel warm air blowing from the air handler.
Here are some of the benefits of using a heat pump versus other heating systems:
- Versatile: By reversing the vapor-compression refrigeration cycle, heat pumps can also be used to cool the air in warm months.
- Energy-efficient: Does not require as much electricity as air handlers or use natural gas like a traditional furnace.
- Economical: Cheaper to install and operate than other heat sources.
- Low maintenance: Heat pumps are very easy to clean and maintain, unlike other systems.
- Reliable and long-lasting: With fewer moving parts, heat pumps rarely break down and can last for several decades.
Signs Your Heat Pump Needs Repair
To get the best performance, it’s important to maintain your heat pump system regularly. An annual inspection and tune-up will keep everything running as it should, and will catch any issues before they become a major problem. Prolong the life and efficiency of your heat pump by cleaning the air filter, watching for leaks, and keeping the condenser and compressor clear of dust, dirt, and debris.
Watch for these signs that indicate your heat pump needs repair:
- Blowing lukewarm air
- Turning on and off frequently
- Unusual noises
- Foul odor in the air
- Poor air quality
- Reduced airflow
- Ice forming on evaporator coils
- A sudden spike in the electric bill
In addition to heat pumps, we also offer geothermal heating services, another alternative for heating your Oklahoma City home!
How Alliance Expert Services Can Help
Alliance Expert Services has been in business since 1990, and our technicians are trained and experienced in all heat pump services. We can help by diagnosing your heat pump and either offer a heat pump repair solution or recommending a heat pump replacement. Heat pump installation can be quickly and safely completed by a professional.